Leading Italian Distribution Company, CDC Spa, Boosts Revenues with Microsoft Technologies and Altitudo
CDC Spa, one of the largest Electronics & Software Distribution Companies in Italy, maintains 32 Cash & Carry stores that distribute products to over 30,000 specialized dealers in the ICT sector through a retail distribution network. It also makes its products available directly to customers through its catalog, direct sales organization and e-commerce Internet site.
CDC’s B2B e-commerce website is a key asset of the company’s strategy and, to uphold its tradition of excellence, they decided to update their e-commerce solution. They selected Altitudo to support the design and development of their new solution which was built on Microsoft® based technologies: Commerce Server 2007; BizTalk® Server and Microsoft Dynamics® CRM.
Since their new B2B e-commerce site went live in February 2009, CDC now handles over 30,000 registered business customers that can now search, view and buy more than 13,000 products. The new infrastructure also enables CDC to move all pricing and ordering operations of its entire sales networks to Commerce Server.
Additional CDC Spa benefits include:
- A robust flexible and scalable e-commerce platform;
- Simple and ease-of-use tools for Business Users (ie Product Managers, Marketing Managers, Merchandisers and Business Managers);
- Seamless integration with the other Microsoft and non-Microsoft components used inside CDC;
- A greater insight of how all the Microsoft technologies that are involved could work together, both now and in the future;
- An enhanced of the customer experience online as a Company differentiator to gain a new customer fidelity.
To read the complete CDC Spa press release, click here.