Infrastructure Planning and Design Guides—Release Announcement
Windows Server Virtualization
System Center Virtual Machine Manager
The Infrastructure Planning and Design team has released two updated virtualization guides: Windows Server Virtualization and System Center Virtual Machine Manager.
These guides, updated to reflect the features and functionalities of Windows Server® 2008 R2 and System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2, outline the critical infrastructure design elements that are crucial to a successful implementation of these virtualization products.
The Infrastructure Planning and Design Guide for Windows Server Virtualization takes the reader through the process of designing components, layout, and connectivity in a logical, sequential order. Identification of the Hyper-V™ server hosts required is presented in easy-to-follow steps, helping the reader to design and plan virtual server datacenters.
The Infrastructure Planning and Design Guide for Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager assists readers in the design and implementation of SCVMM architecture, thus enabling centralized administration of physical and virtual machines. Identification of the VMM server instances required is one of the simple, seven-step design processes presented in this guide.
Download the IPD Guides for Virtualization at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/solutionaccelerators/ee395429.aspx
Infrastructure Planning and Design streamlines the planning process by:
- Defining the technical decision flow through the planning process.
- Listing the decisions to be made and the commonly available options and considerations.
- Relating the decisions and options to the business in terms of cost, complexity, and other characteristics.
- Framing decisions in terms of additional questions to the business to ensure a comprehensive alignment with the appropriate business landscape.
Tell your peers about IPD guides! Please forward this mail to anyone who wants to learn more about Infrastructure Planning and Design guides.
Join the Beta
Additional Infrastructure Planning and Design guides are available as beta releases on the Connect Web site. They are open beta downloads. If you are not already a member of the IPD beta program, and would like to join, follow these steps:
- Go here to join the IPD beta program: https://connect.microsoft.com/InvitationUse.aspx?ProgramID=1587&InvitationID=IPDM-QX6H-7TTV&SiteID=14
- If the link does not work for you, copy and paste it into the Web browser address bar.
- Sign in using a valid Windows Live ID.
- Enter your registration information. Then continue to the IPD beta program page.
Already a member of the IPD beta program? Go here to get the latest IPD beta downloads: https://connect.microsoft.com/content/content.aspx?ContentID=6556&SiteID=14
Check out all the Infrastructure Planning and Design team has to offer! Visit the IPD page on TechNet, http://www.Microsoft.com/IPD, for additional information, including our most recent guides.
We appreciate your comments and feedback; please send mail to IPDfdbk@microsoft.com.