WLK 1.1 Released to Microsoft Connect
WLK 1.1 was posted to connect with Vista SP1 RC1 and Server 2008 RC1 last night. The official announcement is below and will be in Monday's edition of the WHQL news.
WLK 1.1 Release Announcement
We are pleased to announce the release of the Windows Logo Kit (WLK) 1.1 to support the Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista SP1 logo programs. This release replaces all previous releases of the WLK as the preferred kit for all currently active logo programs.
WLK 1.1 may be used to qualify devices and drivers for all current logo programs. Submissions for Windows Server 2008 or Windows Vista SP1 must be made using WLK 1.1. Partners may continue using WLK 1.0.c for Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Vista only.
New Logo Programs in the 1.1 Release
· Windows Server 2008 systems
· Windows Server 2008 devices
· Previously logo’d motherboard
· Windows Home Server
· Network Attached Storage (NAS)
· Storage adapter that implements non-volatile cache
New Preview Tests in the 1.1 Release for future logo requirements
· Premium DX10 Graphics Validation: requirement = Graphics-0020
· Optical Logo Test: requirement = Storage-0013
· Piton logo test: requirement = Storage-0005
· Ethernet – NDISTest 6.5 (MPE): requirement = Network-0040
· WLAN – NDISTest 6.5 (MPE): requirement = Network-0023
New Required Tests in the 1.1 release for existing logo requirements
· Storage Imports Test (Logo): requirement = Storage-0002
· Storage query property test: requirement = Storage-0002
· Check Resources 32 & 64 bit: requirement = Graphics-0020
· WGF Shader 4.x – NoControlFlow 10.1 (32-bit & (64-bit): requirement = Graphics-0020
· WGF Shader 4.x – ControlFlow 10.1 (32-bit) & (64-bit): requirement = Graphics-0020
· Present Validation 2 – Present: requirement = Graphics-0020
· Present Validation 2 – GammaRamp: requirement = Graphics-0020
· Present Validation 2 – ColorConvertion: requirement = Graphics-0020
· WGF Blend 10.1: requirement = Graphics-0020
· Ethernet-NDISTest 6.5 (Premium): requirement = Network-0004
· WSDMon Printer Verification Test: requirement = Imaging-0004
· New, more robust log upload mechanism ensures the logs are always uploaded to the controller. This addresses a top support issue.
· New, more robust setup engine that improves the user experience and allows users to select which logo kits get installed.
· Separate kits for Print, Network, Storage, Display and Systems.
o Enables users to install just the content they need.
o Lays the foundation to ship updates to content independent of the Driver Test Manager (DTM).
· Enabled end-to-end Driver Verifier coverage against all drivers for Common Scenario Stress with IO, Disable Enable with IO & Sleep and Stress with IO.
· This release is fully supported by Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) and Winqual for logo submissions on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008.
· This release is required for all logo submission on Windows Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008.
· Preview tests in this release are supported via the Microsoft Connect website.