Thanks to everyone who provided comments on the binaries that I released the other day. I spent a good portion of this evening cleaning up some problems that FXCop uncovered and got started on adding the features that some of you suggested. I should have another set of binaries ready to go by the end of this weekend along with a prototype of the desktop color sampling functionality that I've also been working on.
The following is a short list of the things that I hope to have done this weekend:
- Enable the HEX textbox so users can enter HEX values and obtain its RGB/HSB equivalents.
- Fix the glitch that Andrei mentioned.
- Change default application values so that the Hue field is the default field on startup.
- Serialize the application state to disk when the application is closed.
- Write the colors that are added to the color swatch panel to an XML file.
- Minimize to system tray.
- Fix some other random bugs that I've seen.
- Work on an icon!
- Finish cleaning up the code so I can release it.
If anyone has any ideas for a good name for this application, feel free to let me know. I think this deserves a much cooler name than ColorPicker.NET.