Announcing the BizTalk 2006 Line of Business Adapters TAP program!
Lots, of news. Anyway, here is a post from our internal team that you can also find at; http://blogs.msdn.com/bpidcustomerresponseteam/archive/2005/10/17/482033.aspx
EMail me at email@example.com (in Australia) if you want more info or would like to participate.
Microsoft recently completed the acquisition of a set of BizTalk adapters to major enterprise Line-Of-Business (LOB) applications.
Namely the adapters will connect to the following applications:
JD Edwards OneWorld XE
JD Edwards Enterprise1
Oracle Application Suite
Oracle Database Connector
The BizTalk Server 2006 LOB Adapters Technology Adoption Program team is pleased to announce that nominations are now being accepted for participation in the Technical Adoption Program.
This program is designed to provide collaboration with your customer’s company and Microsoft. While these adapters came from a well-known partner in BizTalk software ecosystem, significant changes have been implemented to optimize and simplify the internal architecture of all these adapters.
We are looking for customers willing to work with Microsoft to validate the functionality of these adapters in conjunction with the upcoming release of BizTalk Server 2006. Help us validate this first release under the Microsoft brand through direct collaboration between your customer’s organization and the Microsoft product team. Your customer will have the opportunity to provide design and performance feedback for the product. They will be able to do this through the reporting of bugs and submission of Design Change Requests (DCRs), as well as provide specific feedback for product group consideration. For customers approved to go into production prior to RTM, this program will provide customers with support from the Microsoft Product Support Services (PSS) as well as from the BizTalk LOB adapters product group. The program timeline is aggressive starting immediately and culminating with the RTM release of the adapters and server in CY ’06.
All participants must:
- Prior to program participation, have a signed, or be willing to sign a TAP Agreement on file with Microsoft.
- Commit to timely response of survey and feedback requests from Microsoft.
- Commit to providing resources for the duration of the program.
- Project Manager, Architect/Developer Lead, Test Lead, Executive Sponsor.
- A system integrator (SI) if deemed necessary according to the project requirements.
- Participate in public relations activities as identified in the TAP agreement and the BizTalk LOB TAP Program description.
- Commit to deploying the selected adapter(s) in production with the official adapter Beta 2 release through RTM as identified in the program description.
- Have a Premier Contract with Microsoft, or equable agreement with a SI Partner, of at least level B and be willing to utilize the services of your TAM to assist in specific issues involving this program.
All participants receive:
- The opportunity to validate and steer the design direction of Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 LOB Adapters through direct feedback to the product team.
- Implicit participation in the BizTalk Server 2006 TAP program.
- Assistance in migrating an existing production environment of the selected adapter(s) to the new Microsoft-release adapter in a BizTalk Server 2006 environment.
- Web-based bug reporting tool.
- Priority bug resolution.
- Regularly scheduled conference calls with members of the BTS LOB Adapters Product Team. Discussions will include deployment planning, feedback, feature review presentations from members of the product group, and other customer driven topics.
Customers who are selected for pre-RTM production also receive:
- Support and deployment guidance from PSS and the BTS Product Group.
- A dedicated program manager in the product group serving as direct contact.
- Invitation to select Microsoft events related to the adapters and/or BizTalk 2006 product.
The requirements for deployment are:
Provide a project plan for the deployment of the adapter.
Deploy the Beta 1 release in your lab environment.
Deploy the Beta 2 release in production