Workflow Foundation, BizTalk R2 and BizTalk Labs
Here is the next installment of the Sydney User Group meeting on July 4, 2007.
Next Sydney BizTalk User Group is meeting on6pmJuly4th atMicrosoft North Ryde
Examine Windows Workflow talking to BizTalk R2 and BizTalk Labs.
Firstly a BIG thanks to those that enjoyed the exam cram we did last month (we had to order additional pizza!) and I’ve since heardthat several of you have sat and passed the EXAM!!! Well done!!
With R2 just around the corner......I decided to tackle the Windows Workflow(WF) question.
The message is usually BTS vs WF, never BTS AND WF.
1. Workflow 101 (you should be able to bring your manager along to this one J)
2. Hosting Workflow’s within BizTalk with the new BizTalk extensions for WF SDK
3. BizTalk Labs – life after R2....and where we are heading.....
When: July 4th Food at 6pm, kick off 6.30pm. Finish up around 8pm.
1 Epping Road
Riverside Corporate Park
North Ryde NSW 2113 Australia. (parking available)
WF Session Focus Details:
1. First up we will look at thefundamentals of Workflow;what makes them run; communications; and how do we host them.
(WF is the technology that is brightly coloured in VS.NET and comes with .NET 3.0) – you could even workflow your toaster if you wanted to.
2. Next – we’ll take aWorkflow anduse WCF under the covers to act as the communication medium between BTS R2 & WF. Very nice.
So now in BTS R2 we can host WF (through a small ‘Orchestration wrapper’) meaning that when BTS persists, WF does too – WF is now running inside BTSNTSvc.exe.
(cross off the list – ‘find a place for my WF’s to live’)
3. Thirdly – Imagine being able to call our creation from anywhere and behind umpteen firewalls between caller/sender.....enter into the ring
BizTalk Labs!!! Very exciting – labs.BizTalk.net.
(what communications do you think we use.......WCF......hmmm....seems to be a common thread here!)
So it’s a night on WF/R2 wrapped up in WCF – wow what a great set of technologies!!!!
See you there and let me know your coming
p.s. I’ve fallen in love with Microsoft Surface.......wow!!!
(my second ever word merge!!!)