MSR Learning Assessment Toolkit
Yesterday I had a really good discussion with Jamie Cromack on her efforts around putting together a Learning Assessment Toolkit. This toolkit is are valuable asset for professors teaching both in CS and STEM.
The Microsoft Research Assessment Toolkit was conceived to provide higher education faculty members with user-friendly, focused resources to assist in developing and conducting rigorous educational assessment. The Toolkit includes a variety of items to facilitate the planning and implementation process, including:
- An overview of assessment and assessment planning guide.
- User self-assessment tool to help faculty determine their level of assessment experience. The components of the kit are coded to allow users to find tools and strategies appropriate for their needs.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) that explain assessment issues with minimal use of jargon.
- Case studies of effective assessment that provide a snapshot of faculty in various computational science or STEM disciplines.
- A guide to selecting assessment tools.
- Annotated resources primarily focused on computational science and STEM disciplines and organized by topical categories.
- Web links to various assessment-related sites or organizations.
Development of the Toolkit will be an ongoing effort; Toolkit materials are available online at http://research.microsoft.com/erp/AssessmentToolkit.