TechEd in Cowboy Country
Next week is TechEd and I'm really excited and just a bit overwhelmed. I
was also a little afraid of going into Cowboy country as I used to call the DC
area home and I'm a Redskins fan, but luckily there are a fair number of us current
and former Redskins both presenting and attending. I also used to live in Austin
(loved it thanks for asking) and people from Texas are really friendly so I'm
not too scared. We have a ton of stuff going on for developers and I always
find the toughest part being choosing what sessions to attend. So without further
ado, here are my pics for sessions and events:
Can't Miss C# Sessions:
Extreme Programming with C# - Ken
C\# Past, Present, and Future - (Me)
- C# Best Practices - Eric
Gunnerson and Juval
- Best Practices for Debugging Visual Studio - Habib Heydarian
- Building Middle-Tier Applications in C# - (Me)
Other Cool Events:
- We're organizing a TechEd Bloggers meeting on Monday night from 7-8PM in room 118A. If you blog and you're attending TechEd, come join the fun and/or the after party! We may also be able to get a blogging room with wireless access so keep checking for updates...
Come Hang with the C\# team on Wednesday night from 7-8pm in room 118A. We'll probably go out for drinks this night too...
- We're also presenting to the Dallas .NET User Group Thursday night from 6-9pm at
the Microsoft office. Click here for directions, and the official TechEd
party is this night, so join-in and have fun.
- While this isn't really a cool event per se, the Hands-on
labs are IMHO the best way to learn .NET concepts you might not be familiar with.
Other Interesting Sessions I'll hit:
- Speech-enabled web applications - Richard Irving, Siddharth Bhatia
Developing InfoPath Solutions Part 1 and 2 - Adriana Ardeleanu
- .NET and J2EE Strategies for Interoperability - Simon Guest
- Strategies for J2EE Developers - David Weller
- Word XML: The Word XML Schema - Brian Jones
- A first look at the Microsoft Location Server - Steve Lombardi
My schedule is also chock full of customer meetings so I sadly won't be able to attend
as many sessions as I would like. What sessions are you planning to attend?
Did I miss *your* cool event? Let me know!