Visual Studio 2010 Beta 1 Cheat Sheet
Hey folks, Visual Studio 2010 Beta 1 is now available for the world to download and here's your cheat sheet of links you'll want to know about
- Download: Visual Studio Team System Beta 1, Web installer, VSTS Beta 1 ISO, .NET Framework 4.0 Beta 1
- Readme: VSTS Readme
- Installation Tips & Tricks: Be sure to watch Brian Keller's 10-4 episode on how to download & install VSTS Beta 1
- Key Features: If you want to see what features are available in Beta 1, check out Jason Zander's VS Beta 1 blog post for tons of screenshots or watch previous episodes of the 10-4 Show on Channel 9 for everything you ever wanted to know about VS 2010 and .NET Framework 4.0.
- Support Forums: Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4.0 Beta 1
- Bug Reporting and Suggestions: Visual Studio 2010 on Connect
- Training Materials: Drew and team have posted the Visual Studio 2010 Training Kit that works with VSTS Beta 1. This includes coverage of:
- New language features including VB, C#, F#,
- .NET Framework features like: Parallel extensions, MEF, WPF, WCF
- Data features: Entity Framework, ADO.NET Data Services
- Web development with ASP.NET 4.0
Top Two Installation Questions
Q. Will it work side-by-side with VS 2008?
A: Yes, Visual Studio 2010 will work side-by-side with VS 2008
Q: Will it work on Windows 7?
A: While installing on Windows 7 Beta is not a recommended scenario, installing on Windows 7 RC is a tested scenario.
One thing to remember is that VS 2010 is not feature complete and hasn't been optimized for performance. While the move to a WPF-based editor is pretty sweet, there are some scenarios where you may feel a little bit of latency with your commands. You'll see perf improvements on this over time.