Now Available: Visual Studio 2010 Release Candidate Virtual Machines with Sample Data and Hands-on-Labs
Thanks to Brian Keller and the dudes at Microsoft Corp, I am pleased to announce that today we are shipping an updated set of virtual machines using the Visual Studio 2010 Release Candidate bits, a brand new sample application, and 9 hands-on-labs.
copy from Brian’s post “
This VM includes everything you need to learn and/or deliver demonstrations of manyapplication lifecycle management (ALM) capabilities in Visual Studio 2010. This VM is available in the virtualization platform of your choice (Hyper-V, Virtual PC 2007 SP1, and Windows  Virtual PC). Hyper-V is highly recommended because of the performance benefits and snapshotting capabilities.
The sample application we are using in this virtual machine is a simple ASP.NET MVC 2 storefront called Tailspin Toys. Tailspin Toys sells model airplanes and relies on the application lifecycle management capabilities of Visual Studio 2010 to help them build, test, and maintain their storefront.
Hands-on-Labs / Demo Scripts
The 9 hands-on-labs / demo scripts which accompany this virtual machine cover several of the core capabilities of conducting application lifecycle management with Visual Studio 2010. Each document can be used by an individual in a hands-on-lab capacity, to learn how to perform a given set of tasks, or used by a presenter to deliver a demonstration or classroom-style training.
- Authoring and Running Manual Tests using Microsoft Test Manager 2010
- Introduction to Test Case Management with Microsoft Test Manager 2010
- Introduction to Coded UI Tests with Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate
- Debugging with IntelliTrace using Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate
- Code Discovery using the architecture tools in Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate
- Understanding Class Coupling with Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate
- Using the Architecture Explore in Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate to Analyze Your Code
Software Configuration Management:
- Planning your Projects with Team Foundation Server 2010
- Branching and Merging Visualization with Team Foundation Server 2010
Note that this VM does not include Visual Studio Lab Management 2010 capabilities, but you can download a separate VHD to work with that capability.
So please download the virtual machines (everything is installed) – click for instruction
you can also download and install all of the Release Candidate software for yourself by downloading the installers from here.