Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 Coming tomorrow
Just announced (this was supposed to be announced next week, but...) that Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 will be available for download tomorrow (see below).
Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 continues Microsoft’s investment in market leading development tools. Service Pack 1 addresses issues that were found through a combination of customers and partner feedback, as well as internal testing. The issues addressed range in severity from places where the syntax coloring was incorrect to customer reported crashes in various scenarios. In some areas, more than 50% of the bugs addressed were reported by customers through the MSDN Product Feedback Center and Microsoft Connect. Overall, Service Pack 1 offers customers improvements in responsiveness, stability and performance for Visual Studio 2005.
Through further advancement and feedback, Service Pack 1 also provides over 70 improvements for common development scenarios including:
- New processor support (e.g., Core Duo) for code generation and profiling
- Performance and scale improvements in Team Foundation Server
- Team Foundation Server integration with Excel 2007 and Project 2007
- Tool support for occasionally connected devices and SQL Server Compact Edition
- Additional support for project file based Web applications
- Windows Embedded 6.0 platform and tools support
The download link will be available after 9am Friday Pacific Time (so about lunchtime Saturday NZ time). Keep tabs on this page for the download link.