During the past couple of months I’ve been hacking around in the world of HTML5 Canvas and casual gaming. The community that has formed up around HTML5 Gaming in particular is awesome and I am continually impressed by what I’ve seen.
With that in mind I wanted to contribute back to the community if I could. I figured the best way I could do that was to take the experience I have writing Windows 8 Metro Style Apps and combine them with the world of HTML5 Canvas based gaming.
Get the Code
You can grab the sourcecode from Codeplex here:
Or GitHub here:
I am replicating all the source back between GitHub into Codeplex so regardless of where you fork you will always have the latest source.
If you decide to write a Windows 8 app and want to get into the Windows Store I would love to hear about it! You may also want to check out my previous Windows 8 Metro Style Development Tips:
- Using KnockoutJS in Windows 8 Metro Style Apps
- Illegal characters in path when deploying a Metro Style App
- Connecting to WCF RIA Services in a Windows 8 Metro Style App using Upshot.js and Knockout.js
- Help! Visual Studio 11 Beta Dark Theme incorrectly using White Background
- “The application could not be started.” error when debugging a Windows 8 Metro Style App
- Migrating a Windows 8 Metro Style App from Consumer Preview to Release Preview