#Azure Action – Weekly Newsletter – 14th January 2011
Local specialists demonstrate and promote best practices:
- Case study:
- Picking a Lane in Cloud Computing - answers some questions around choice and strategy
From David Pallman’s upcoming book, The Azure Handbook, he addresses platform choice. Choice is good, right?
I like his approach as well as the way he discusses design for cloud:
The data center is based entirely on pre-assembled computing modules designed to deliver greater scale and flexibility
Windows Azure specific news:
- Windows Azure platform Acceleration Technical Training Tour – Sydney (February 2-3)
- Azure BizSpark Startup Camp - Melbourne 4th –6th February
- Global Knowledge to Host Live Microsoft Cloud Computing Webinar - 12 pm EST on Wednesday, January 19, 2011
- Like Azure? …become a fan: www.facebook.com/windowsazure (Azure Facebook Toolkit)
- Want answers. See the forums
- Coming in March – Azure Meetup – watch this newsletter for more information coming soon.
January/February community web cast boot camps
- 01/17: MSDN Webcast: Azure Boot Camp: Diving into BLOB Storage
- 01/24: MSDN Webcast: Azure Boot Camp: Diagnostics and Service Management
- 01/31: MSDN Webcast: Azure Boot Camp: SQL Azure
- 02/07: MSDN Webcast: Azure Boot Camp: Connecting with AppFabric
- 02/14: MSDN Webcast: Azure Boot Camp: Cloud Computing Scenarios
Some general guidance on SQL Azure this week:
- Cihan Biyikoglu published some guidance for SQL Azure and Federation thanks to a forum enquiry:
- Building Scalable Database Solution with SQL Azure - Introducing Federation in SQL Azure
- Intro to SQL Azure Federations: SQL Azure Federations Overview
- How to scale out an app with SQL Azure Federations
- Perfect scenarios and typical applications that highlight the power of SQL Azure Federations technology
Q: What is the Azure Virtual Machine (VM) Role?
A: The Windows Azure VM Role is an Operating System-level mechanism for code deployment.
Q: Where can I find details about the VM Role in an Overview and in Detail?
Q: What is the proper use of the VM Role?