#Azure Action – Weekly Newsletter – 25th March 2011
“because of feedback received from beta testers…forced an extension in development times”
Readiness & Resources:
- Windows Azure
- SQL Azure
- WAD MTM Adapter - Microsoft Test Manager Diagnostic Data Adapters
- Implementing the SCOM Azure Management Pack
- Complete Solution: Adding SSL Certificate with Windows Azure Application
- New Invoicing Option Available for Windows Azure
- New plugin for Eclipse to take Java developers off the ground to Windows Azure
- Windows Azure Toolkit for Windows Phone 7
- Readify DevDays - 10th May Introduction to Windows Azure
- “Integration Roadshow” – 4th April in Sydney, 7th April in Melbourne
- Mon, Mar 28, 12:00pm PST
- Thu Mar 31, 2011 at 8:00 AM PST
- Become a fan: www.facebook.com/windowsazure (Azure Facebook Toolkit)
- Want answers? See the forums
- Add yourself to my Azure Australia Twitter list
- Watch CloudCast
- Coming soon: Azure Meetups!
A tricky one this week. Is there a supported session state solution on Azure?
"Microsoft does not support SQL Session State Management using SQL Azure databases for ASP.net applications."
"The TableStorageSessionStateProvider class is unsupported code and currently does not include any tidy up routines. If you use this provider, you must develop a mechanism to remove expired sessions from storage"
Until such time as AppFabric Caching is available (a supported solution) you could build your own or try:
Also worth watching jumpstarts: