#Azure Action - Weekly Newsletter - 28th January 2011
Tim Buntel (@tbuntel) joins Microsoft Australia as new Windows Azure Product Marketing Manager.
Read why he joined here
- Cloud cover : Learn start-up tasks
- How Microsoft IT Built Application Segmentation and Migration Strategies for the Cloud
- Case Study
- Azure Diagnostics Manager (Cerebrata)
- Cleaning Azure Marketplace Data with PowerPivot and Predixion Insight
- Using Drupal on Windows Azure: Hands-On with 4 new Drupal Modules
- Setting up WordPress on Windows and SQL Azure: A Walkthrough
- General news:
"the idea of moving everyday workloads to standardized cloud services -- so you can focus creative IT efforts on initiatives to boost business competitiveness -- has become the conventional wisdom of the day"
"you can mix and match the resources"
- Windows Azure
- the southern California start-up whose eponymous online service lets you juggle so-called infrastructure clouds - is preparing tools for managing Microsoft's Azure cloud as well.
- Windows Azure platform Acceleration Partner Technical Training Tour - Sydney (February 2-3)
- Azure BizSpark Start-up Camp - Melbourne 4th-6th February
- January 31st (PST) Roger Jennings: Privacy Piracy
- Like Azure? Become a fan: www.facebook.com/windowsazure (Azure Facebook Toolkit)
- Want answers. See the forums
- Coming in February: CloudCast - an audio series featuring myself, Johann Kruse, Tom Hollander and Michael Rosic
- Coming in March: Azure Meetup!
January/February community web cast boot camps
- 01/31: MSDN Webcast: Azure Boot Camp: SQL Azure
- 02/07: MSDN Webcast: Azure Boot Camp: Connecting with AppFabric
- 02/14: MSDN Webcast: Azure Boot Camp: Cloud Computing Scenarios
A few basic questions answered on the Windows Azure App Fabric Service Bus..
Q: Where do I find out more on the Windows Azure AppFabric Service Bus?
Q: Where can I get some examples?
Q: Where can I find more detailed video on the Service Bus?
From TechEd 2010 - A Deep Dive (Video)