Financial Reporting – Even better with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012, and now available in 36 languages
We’ve recently added several valuable new capabilities to Management Reporter, our financial reporting solution, and have increased the translations to a total of 36 languages. If you’re not familiar with Management Reporter, now would be a great time to check it out!
For those in the financial community that do reporting and performance management every day, you’ll appreciate the updated financial reporting capabilities included in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 – Management Reporter. In fact, with the latest release, we’ve added Management Reporter to the General Ledger and Budget Planning menus in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012, making it easier for you to access financial reports created with Management Reporter. (The financial statement options that you may have used in prior versions are still available with a configuration option, if you need them.)
Management Reporter is used to create statutory and operational reports based upon your general ledger data. It empowers your managers by providing real-time insights into organizational results; they can take action and work to meet overall corporate goals.
Here are some of the ways Management Reporter can help solve your financial reporting needs:
- No need to create a connection to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 General Ledger (GL) – Management Reporter is directly integrated with your GL
- Build custom reports based on Microsoft Dynamics AX ledger accounts and dimensions – with the ability to slice general ledger information into Rows, Columns, or Hierarchies to get insight into actionable information. Robust formatting helps highlight key areas on a report and create boardroom quality reports.
With Management Reporter, you can create financial reports based upon the following data from Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012:
- Budget Data
- Financial Dimensions
- Cash Flow Forecasts
- Calendars/Fiscal Periods
- Budget Reservations
- Posting Layers
- Account Categories
- Organizational Hierarchies
- Totaling Accounts
- Actual GL Data
- Financial data mart for optimized performance -- Management Reporter data mart holds the necessary financial data needed for financial reporting. Data from Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 is continuously moved to the data mart. The data mart is optimized for financial reporting and, with proper report design, helps increase performance of financial report generation.
- Drill-down to transaction detail for quick audits -- Generate summary-level reports with the capability to drill down to account-level and transaction-level details without having to generate separate reports. Supports drill from account and budget balances on a report to related information in Microsoft Dynamics AX if more information on a specific transaction is needed.
- Consolidate the way you need to see it – Create consolidated financial reports across companies or business units; interoperate with Microsoft Excel® to support importing consolidation data from other sources, and translate into an unlimited number of reporting currencies without having to run the consolidation process in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. In fact, we have so much to share about consolidations with Management Reporter, we wrote a 7-part series about it.
- Schedule delivery of new reports to those who need them - Improve communication across the organization by distributing reports to multiple locations, including Microsoft SharePoint® or any network location, and schedule reports for generation on a periodic basis.
- Interactive, intuitive web-based report viewing -- Drive decisions from the report data that’s delivered in an interactive web based report viewing experience.
Who can use Management Reporter?
Management Reporter 2012 CU6 is translated for all supported Microsoft Dynamics AX countries. For details on product availability, please refer to the product availability, translation and localization guide located here.
How do you get Management Reporter?
Depending upon which version of Microsoft Dynamics AX you’re using, you may already have registration keys for Management Reporter.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 – Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 includes registration keys for Management Reporter. For details on how to license Microsoft Management Reporter, refer to the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 pricing guide.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 – verify in CustomerSource if you have Management Reporter registration keys. If you need to purchase Management Reporter registration keys, please contact your Microsoft Dynamics AX partner.
Want to learn more?
If you want to learn more about Management Reporter, follow these links:
- Management Reporter feature videos – a list of short videos that showcase the power of Management Reporter
- Management Reporter team blog – a blog dedicated to providing the most up-to-date information on Management Reporter
We plan to release our next cumulative update for Management Reporter soon, and we’ll share details of the new features once available, in another blog post.
Management Reporter Lead Program Manager