InstallShield Limited Edition is available for download in Visual Studio 2010.
The InstallShield 2010 Limited Edition is a free version of InstallShield for Visual Studio developers that replaces the functionality provided by the Visual Studio setup and deployment projects.
Here are some highlights of the product:
• Use Visual Studio to create installation projects for applications built with Visual Studio.
• Build your installation projects with MSBuild
• Jumpstart projects with a simple design environment and Project Assistant.
• Take advantage of Installation Prerequisites and Custom Actions.
• Digitally sign your installers.
Need a feature that is not supported in the Visual Studio deployment projects? Try the InstallShield Limited Edition. You can easily migrate your existing Visual Studio deployment projects into InstallShield Limited Edition installation projects with a few clicks. The installation projects created with the InstallShield Limited Edition are compatible with other versions of InstallShield products. This enables you to upgrade to higher version of InstallShield with a more advanced feature set.
To obtain the InstallShield 2010 Limited Edition, complete the following steps:
1. On the File menu, point to New, and then click Project.
2. Expand the Other Project Types node.
3. Expand the Setup and Deployment node.
4. Click InstallShield LE.
5. Click Enable InstallShield Limited Edition, and then click OK.
6. Click Go to InstallShield.
Note: You must register by using your email address before downloading the product.