When installing or repairing Visual Studio from ISO file, a prompt for source or an error may occur due to files not being accessible after a reboot in the middle of setup
If you are installing or repairing Visual Studio from ISO file, the tool you are using to mount the image may not automatically mount it again after a reboot, if this is the case setup won’t be able to find its files and will prompt for them or fail. To complete your installation:
· You can re-mount the ISO image right after the machine reboots, so setup can find the files.
· If you receive a prompt for source, re-mount the image and continue.
· If installation fails, re-mount the ISO, restart installation and continue.
· Burn a DVD and start setup from the actual DVD.
· Copy the contents of the image locally and start setup from local folder.