Simple, rich Visual programming–Microsoft SmallBasic
Featuring a friendly development environment that is easy to master, Microsoft Small Basic puts the fun back into computer programming. Based on .NET Framework, Small Basic uses a very simple language and a rich and engaging set of libraries to ease both kids and adults into the world of programming.
It’s not just that – Now the latest Small Basic 1.2 is upgraded to .NET Framework 4.5, it includes new Kinect programming features, new translation features.
It’s compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows Vista
How to install – SmallBasic 1.2:
- Already if you have Small Basic 1.0 installed, then uninstall it; also delete all the files in the "smallbasic" folder.
- Make sure that you have .Net Framework installed; if not you can download .NET Framework 4.5, and then install it.
- Now, you can download/install Microsoft Small Basic from Small Basic 1.2 Download Center page .
- Launch by clicking the Microsoft Small Basic program shortcut.
Here are the key links:
- Website: http://smallbasic.com
- Blog: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/smallbasic/
- Forum: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=smallbasic
- Programming books @ http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/16386.small-basic-e-books.aspx
- Wiki: Small Basic Portal
- Gallery: Small Basic File Downloads on TechNet Gallery
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/smallbasic/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Small_Basic
- [Update] Videos: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/34675.small-basic-videos.aspx
See it in action (Video) :
Cool, easy isn’t it. So let we get started!!