Troubleshooting: Why Windows Mobile is connecting to my PC?
There are several things that may prevent your device from connecting:
- If Windows Live OneCare is installed on your computer, it may be blocking device connectivity. For the steps to configure Windows Live OneCare to allow the device to connect, visit the following Microsoft Web site: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/help/synchronize/device-center-onecare.mspx
- The driver installation may not have completed successfully. If you think this may be the case, follow these steps:
1. Keep your Mobile device connected to the computer.
2. From the desktop, click Start, and then type devmgmt.msc in the Search programs and files box.
3. In the Device Manager window, look under the Network adapters node for Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote Adapter. If this is not present, go to step 5. Otherwise, right-click Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote Adapter, and then select Uninstall.
4. Look under the Mobile Devices node for Microsoft USB Sync. If this is not present, go to step 6. Otherwise, right-click Microsoft USB Sync, and select Uninstall.
5. Disconnect and then reconnect your device. Your device driver will be reinstalled, and Windows Mobile Device Center will be launched.
For more information about connectivity-related problems, see the ActiveSync USB connection troubleshooting guide.