“What does the MVP say?” – Introducing Juan Carlos González Martin
As the next interview in our series, today we’re bringing you someone who’s been in our MVP community for a while. We take great pleasure in presenting Juan Carlos González Martin!
Please tell us a bit about yourself. What is your background?
“My name is Juan Carlos González Martin and I am an IT Professional with more than 10 years of experience in the ICT sector. Since 2006 I have covered the role of Solutions Architect, providing consultancy, advice, evangelism and training services on different Microsoft platforms and technologies such as SharePoint, Office 365, SQL Server or Visual Studio, although my daily work is focused on SharePoint & Office365 platforms. Since 2008 I have been awarded by Microsoft as a SharePoint MVP.”
When did you start participating in MSDN Translation Wiki community ?
“I think I started participating into MSDN Translation Wiki as a contributor last March – April. I started translating some Visual Studio contents into Spanish.”
Why did you decide to become a moderator for Spanish and spend your free time on this activity?
“I decided to become a moderator for Spanish last April when I received an invitation of my MVP Lead Cristina González Herrero.“
Can you explain what you find most rewarding/interesting about this experience?
“Of course. In my opinion there are many reasons that make this initiative interesting and rewarding:
- The possibility of improving the automated/manual translations provided for MSDN Wiki contents.
- As a moderator, I am helping Microsoft on maintaining high standards of quality in content translation.
- This moderation work doesn't consume much free time compared to the benefits provided to people reading the documentation translated into Spanish.
- Finally, for me it’s an honor to help Microsoft in different ways. “
Juan Carlos - for sharing your expertise and knowledge with us and the Spanish speaking MSDN community, we’d like to heartily thank you! We look forward to our continued partnership.
You can learn more about Juan Carlos via the following links:
- MVP Profile: http://mvp.microsoft.com/en-us/mvp/Juan%20Carlos%20Gonzalez%20Martin-4015732
- Blog: http://jcgonzalezmartin.wordpress.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/jcgm1978
Check back again soon for the next in our MVP interview series.