Support Debugging Tool Build 17 hotfix 2 released
Following on from the release of the Support Debugging Tool Build 17 hotfix, I am releasing a hotfix 2 build.
It turns out that some of the changes in the way the Support Debugging Tool adds buttons to the Standard Toolbar were still not perfect. We had a few reports that when the SDT dictionary was installed, newly created users would be missing their menus. The solution was to remove the SDT from the system and recreate the user, or to use SQL to drop the contents of the menu and toolbar tables, which will force them to be recreated.
This hotfix changes the method that the buttons are added, which means that they will not keep coming back if a user removes them from their toolbar, and as a happy side effect also fixed the issue above. It also includes the minor changes and fixes made since the last build was released.
If you have a previous build (including any build 17 release) installed, please just install this update over the top of the existing code, no need to uninstall first.
Below is a summary of the changes made for releases 10.00.0017, 11.00.0017 and 12.00.0017, dated as Last Modified: 09-Apr-2013:
- Fixed Support Debugging Tool and ScreenShot Toolbar icons cannot be removed.
- Fixed Support Debugging Tool and ScreenShot Quick Links cannot be removed.
- Fixed issue where newly created users were missing menus and/or toolbars.
- Fixed Composite Field Data not displaying for 3rd party Composite fields in Resource Explorer windows.
- Fixed SQL Profile Traces from multiple instances of Dynamics GP on the same SQL Server showing up as Stranded Traces.
- Fixed error message when searching for tables with spaces in their technical name on Resource Information window.
- Updated Security Information Window to allow access to be controlled independently of the Microsoft Dynamics GP Security windows.
- Added Database Type field for Tables to Resource Information window. This allows easy identification of ctree vs SQL based temporary tables.
For downloads, please see the Support Debugging Tool Portal Page:
The Support Debugging Tool is a custom built tool to provide additional capabilities to troubleshoot issues and is not part of the standard Microsoft Dynamics GP released application. Technical support for this tool is not handled via the standard support systems and instead is provided via the public Microsoft Dynamics GP Community Forum. You can use the link below to access the forum:
To assist the partners and Microsoft employees who monitor the forum for these questions, please prefix any subject lines with the initials "SDT: ".
For more information, please see the Support Debugging Tool Portal Page:
Please post your feedback on what you think of this build and what you would like to see in the future.
Thanks to Robert Cavill for his assistance with this build, especially testing the toolbar and Quick Links behaviour. Thanks also to Kelly Youells for getting the files on PartnerSource updated.
16-May-2013: Updated More Information and Downloads to link to Support Debugging Tool Portal page.