Error ID: 40650, Cannot move or create server. Subscription will exceed server quota.
Yep, you look at this and ask yourself, why? You search the web for a solution. Nothing seems to come up. You are desperate enough to maybe reach out to someone for help. And they don’t know either.
Here is the solution, it’s simple otherwise I wouldn’t be able to figure it out.
1. It’s about the number of servers, there appears to be a secret number, and that number is 6. If you try to add a server beyond 6 or some other mystery number, you will get the error number 40650 as shown in title.
2. To fix do the following, you have to use the servername, not the administrator name, which seems obvious, but I spent about 15 minutes trying to figure that one out.
ServerName Location AdministratorLogin Version
sjmhhq5utg <<< Servername>>>
- Use the powershell command:
- Remove-AzureSqlDatabaseServer -ServerName "sjmhhq5utg"
- Repeat till you below the mystery number, which I think is 6 from a bunch of research.
That’s it. Pretty simple. But I think that all of the suggestions for fixes that I read on Stackoverflow and so forth missed it.
Also would be nice if this was on the Azure page about the Remove-AzureSqlDatabaseServer.