Public Hotfix: VS 2005 SP1 unresponsive when typing in an XML doc comment
For those of you that are using Visual Studio 2005 SP1, you may have run into an issue where typing certain constructs in an XML doc comment (i.e. <![CDATA]> or <!---->) would cause the IDE to become unresponsive.
Below is an example scenario where this behavior can be observed:
- Open Visual Studio 2005 SP1
- Create a new C# class library project
- Type ‘///’ before the class definition to auto-generate the XML documentation comment
- Add a <![CDATA]> section in the XML documentation comment
- Try adding characters such as ‘<’ in between 'CDATA[' and ']'
- The IDE will become unresponsive
To address this issue, we've released a public hotfix that you can download at: https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?DownloadID=9646.
I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.