Create and use custom SharePoint site designs in Office 365
Targeted Release Office 365 customers are rolling out the ability to create and use custom site designs, which better align with the preferred look & feel and structure.
Site designs benefits:
- Custom site designs and custom site themes apply to both team sites and communication sites.
- A tenant-wide gallery helps to ensure each site can be assigned the right set of themes and designs by the right people
- Site designs help apply a consistent set of actions (setting the site theme, creating lists & columns), recording the new site URL to a log, or even sending an email to a person or group.
- Users can see the custom site design as a choice during site creation if they are approved
- Site design framework enables customers to create and apply additional site configurations programmatically through and after the SharePoint site creation experience.
- New options for applying custom color palettes to sites.
- Using site scripts to customize how SharePoint sites are being provisioned. Site scripts are non-destructive.