SharePoint pages and image editing updates in Office 365
Office 365 introduced updates for SharePoint pages. Now users create faster and control text and images stronger, promotion options, commenting, likes, visibility on how your content is doing increased. All of this updates are rolling out to Targeted Release Office 365 customers.
Let’s dive into the details.
Startfromexistingpage with a similarlayoutanddesign
Go to an existing page – click New – select Start with a copy of this page.
Users jump into updating with new text, images, and content updates, with layout, design and common text already in place.
Richtextediting (RTE) updates
From the inline simple command bar, users adjust size, bold, underline and spacing. Ellipses on the right side of the simple command bar help to use all options in the edit pane (font style, colors, and highlights, indent, strikethrough, etc.), and to create and manage tables, and to add a link.
Learn more about adding text to your page with the Text web part.
- Add further edit (crop/zoom) an image to a SharePoint page or news article.
- Pull in and edit an image from online (powered by Bing) that are tagged as a Creative Common license.
Learn more about using the Image web part.
How to increase the reach and impact of a message using the Promote button:
- add a page (or news article) to the site navigation.
- post a page as news to have it automatically flow into the site’s home page, the SharePoint home news section, and the SharePoint mobile app News tab.
- kick start an email to a person or group with a preview of the page and an optional message to your selected recipients.
Learn more about adding a page to a site and promoting it.
PageusageLikes , Views , Comments
Users see a list of colleagues who like their idea, hovering over the liked section.
Users read feedback and engage with an audience, clicking on comments.