Download the Windows 8 Release Preview today!
- Building Windows 8 Blog – Delivering the Windows 8 Release Preview by Steven Sinofsky.
- Building Windows 8 Blog – Web browsing in Windows 8 Release Preview with IE10 by Steven Sinofsky.
- Windows Store Blog – Windows Store for Release Preview by Antoine Leblond
- Windows 8 App Developer Blog – What’s changed for app developers since the Consumer Preview.
- Windows 8 Release Preview: Frequently Asked Questions.
If you already started writing METRO style apps for Windows 8 using the Consumer Preview you’ll also want to review the Migration Guide that documents the API changes since the release of the Consumer Preview and how you can migrate your code to the new Release Preview.
When installing the Windows 8 Release Preview you’ll be asked for a product key and you can use TK8TP-9JN6P-7X7WW-RFFTV-B7QPF. Alternatively MSDN subscribers will have access to product keys within MSDN subscriber downloads.
If you’d like to install the Windows 8 Release Preview from a bootable USB key you’ll find the Microsoft Store Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool useful. Using this tool you can create a bootable USB key from the Windows 8 Release Preview ISO image.