Professional Windows 8 Programming
Updated 10/24 with final book cover design.
It is an exciting time to be a Windows developer. The arrival of Windows 8 is a complete game changer. The operating system and its development platform offer you an entirely new way to create rich, full-featured Windows-based applications. Along with my fellow authors we you on a journey through all of the new development features of the Windows 8 platform and specifically how to utilize Visual Studio 2012 and the XAML/C# languages to produce robust apps that are ready for deployment in the new Windows Store.
Professional Windows 8 Programming: Application Development with C# and XAML covers these topics and much more:
- Learn how to utilize XAML to create rich content driven user interfaces
- Make use of the new AppBar to create a chrome-less menu system
- See how to support Sensors and Geo-location on Windows 8 devices
- Integrate your app into the Windows 8 ecosystem with Contracts and Extensions
- Walks you through the new Windows 8 navigation system for multi-page apps
- Minimize code with Data Binding and MVVM design patterns
- Features tips on getting your app ready for the Windows store
- Maximize revenue for your app by learning about available monetization strategies