“This event is organized for women by women, trans inclusive, but all genders are welcome. If you don't identify as female, and want to join in, please bring along someone who does. Our goal is to get more women to be confident in their programming skills.”
A few unique things about this event is:
- The training is really target for women at any levels, no pre-requisite required.
- The event is sold out within 2 days and even the volunteer list is completely full. The amazing power of women in technology!
- Many thanks to Estelle Weyl and food sponsors, we had amazingly good breakfast, lunch and food through the whole day. We had pasta (not pizza) for lunch.
Dr. Doris Chen
Doris is a Developer Evangelist at Microsoft with over 15 years of experience in the software industry of web technologies specializing in jQuery, HTML5, Java and other web tier technology.
Agenda (Presentation, Demo, Labs Available to Download)
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Objects, methods and properties
- DOM manipulation
- Presentation and Labs at http://estelle.github.com/jsintro/#slide1
Slide is presented on one side (left) and other other (right) is to run the exercises.
Running interactive exercises with the instruction on the slide (right).
I have the honor to present the jQuery technology in the afternoon. We are a little behind the schedule as they are way to much information to cover for a day. My sessions are more focused on lecture and demo style. You can download all the presentation and demo code below.
Using jQuery (Doris Chen)
3:00 - 5:00 pm
- jQuery Fundamentals
- New jQuery Plugins You can Use
- Favorite Movie Demo Walk Through
Demo 1: Movie Search an Play Demo ( more detail )
Demo 2: Favorite Movies Site
The event is extremely well received and based on the request from the women communities, we are going to have another Coding with Confidence event in June, 2012. Feel free to join us. Check the blog from Estelle Weyl and I for more detail later.