Web Camp Software and Labs are Available to Download
The MVC and jQuery WebCamp in Redmond is just over a week away, and it’s time to get all the materials you’ll need for a successful day.
STEP 1: Download and Install from the link below, and make sure you install the following components: Visual Web Developer 2010 Express, ASP.NET MVC3 and SQL Server Express 2008 R2.
- Download and Install from http://www.microsoft.com/web/gallery/install.aspx?appid=MVC3;VWD
- Here are a few major screens you will see during the installation:
- It will show what software is about to be installed.
- A dialog box which is displayed during the SQL Express installation. Choose either one of the options. If you choose the second option, you need to specify a SQL Server administer password. Make sure you keep a record of this password so you can use it later.
- The third shows the dialog box you see when everything is finished. It might take a while to finish all the installation.
- Make sure you have installed the top three components circled in the Web Platform Installer Diagram below:
- STEP 2: Download the training kit! There are 3 parts to download, part 1, part 2, and part 3
Are you ready for it? Our sessions will be starting promptly at 8:30 AM, so be sure to arrive at least 15 minutes early for check-in and set up.
See you all there!