Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 Services White Paper
At long last, a white paper about implementing new services and best practices for developers has been published. This document is chock-full of helpful tips for developers that are creating services in AX 2009.
Running the AIF Document Service Wizard is just the first step to creating a new service. Then you need to put the business logic code in and this paper gives you a jumping off point.
You’ll find recommendations for:
· How to create the schema.
· What fields are exposed by the query.
· How to implement Ax<Table> classes.
· How to handle defaulting and validation.
· How service security works.
· How to debug services.