PhD/Masters-level Internship Positions at Microsoft Research, Cambridge
Microsoft Research are accepting applications for internships at our research lab in Cambridge, UK, for internships in Summer 2014.
Applicants must currently be pursuing a Masters or PhD in Computer Science. More details on applying can be found here:http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/jobs/intern/about_uk.aspx
This year, I personally am particularly interested in sponsoring internship applications in one or more of the following areas
- Applying experimental type systems and type-provider mechanisms to evolving schemas in scalable data sources such as massive entity graphs (Freebase, the Google Knowledge Graph, Microsoft Satori).
- This work would focus on the temproal evolution of schemas in a range of type-provider integrated information sources. It could emphasize either theory or implementation, depending on your interests.
- Developing production-quality type providers for Hadoop and/or other scalable data processing systems, based on prototypes we already have.
- This work would focus on implementation, testing, quality and delivery, plus some design of language-integrated programming and query models for Hadoop or other scalable data systems
- Visual Studio tooling for F# .
- This work would be implementation-oriented and focus on community-focused design and implementation of additional Visual Studio tooling for F#.
All candidates are expected to be highly self-motivated and able to pursue a line of investigation or implementation through to delivery.
Please have your applications submitted by Sunday, 21 February, 2014.