SQL Server Code Name “Denali” – Supported OSes and Upgrade Paths
We are looking for feedback on three items for SQL Server Code Name “Denali”. First, are the supported OSes. Second, are the supported upgrade paths. Third, is the way the installer handles unsupported OSes and upgrade paths. Specifically we want to know if these will slow down your adoption of SQL Server Code Name “Denali”.
1) The current support matrix for OSes is as follows:
- Windows Vista SP2 or later
- Windows Server 2008 SP2 or later
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 or later
- Windows 7 SP1 or later
2) Denali will support upgrading from these SQL Server versions:
- SQL Server 2005 SP4 or later
- SQL Server 2008 SP2 or later
- SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 or later
3) The installer is going to block installation on unsupported OSes and it will block unsupported upgrade paths.
If the current support matrix for OSes, the current support matrix for upgrade, or the installation blocks will delay your adoption of of SQL Server called “Denali”, please provide this feedback to us! You can provide us this feedback by adding a comment below or submitting the feedback through the SQL Server Connect.