Server Error in Application in Project Time and Expense in Business Portal for Microsoft Dynamics GP
You may receive the following error in the Project Accounting Timesheet or other pages in Business Portal for Microsoft Dynamics GP.
Server Error in '/' Application
An unexpected error has occurred. Please contact your system administrator.
When you view the error in Event Viewer you may see the following:
Exception message: The URL-encoded form data is not valid.
These errors can be caused by a recent Windows Update (KB 2638420) which limits the number of HTTP collection keys in an
To resolve these errors, perform the following steps:
1. On the web server hosting the Business Portal website, browse out to the Inetpub directory.
2. Find the web.config file (typically in the
3. Make a backup copy of the web.config file
4. Open the web.config file in notepad
5. Scroll to the bottom until you find the <appSettings> tag
6. After the <appSettings> tag, add the following:
<add key="aspnet:MaxHttpCollectionKeys" value="100000"/>
7. Save and try Business Portal again.
Note: The following website has more information about the Windows Update: