Table Links in Extender
There are many times we see that a user removes a record from Microsoft Dynamics GP, but the Extender data is left in the database. If a new record is creating that happens to have the same Key on it, the data then links to that new record. Using the Table Links, it is possible to have the Extender data removed when the Microsoft Dynamics GP data it is linked to is removed as well.
Linking an Extender Window to a table ensures that the Extender Window's data is deleted when the corresponding Microsoft Dynamics GP table record is removed. A window can be linked to more than one table. When linked to more than one table, the Extender Window data will only be deleted when there is not a corresponding record in any of the linked tables.
If you link an Extender Window to a work table and not the corresponding history table, then the Extender data will be deleted when the record is posted because the data is removed from the work table during posting. We recommend that you actually just link to the history table if all of your data is moved to history eventually. This way the Extender data will only be removed if you remove history on that record.
To link a window to a table:
1. Open the window you want to link to in Extender.
2. Select Options - Table Links to open the Table Links window.
3. Click the Add button above the Table Links list.
4. Select the Product, Series and Table that you want to link to.
5. Match the Key Fields on the window to fields in the Table.
6. Click Save.
7. Relaunch Microsoft Dynamics GP to enable the Table Links.