New OneDrive for Business roadmap
Some great announcements from the Ignite conference last week coming to OneDrive for Business. The good news is the OneDrive for Business roadmap appears to cover quite a bit of areas around improving reliability, performance, configuration, better features, better security, removing limits, and consolidating sync clients for OneDrive.
What was announced that is potentially slated for a future release?
- Selective Sync – selectively select and unselect what you want to sync locally
- Merging the Consumer OneDrive Sync and OneDrive for Business Sync clients into one client
- Reliable Sync
OneDrive consumer sync protocol is now used for OneDrive for Business, sync scale, sync repair
Other key things which are potentially slated:
- 20,000 file limit is being removed
- 10GB file upload and sync
- Diskspace is no longer double caching (sync storage space same as file sizes)
- Install size Sync reduction – 10s MBs now down from 1.2 GB
- Block personal sync from managed device
- Block unmanaged sync from an unmanaged device
- Migrate existing users to new sync client seamlessly
When can I get this new client?
TAP program is slated for September and RTM slated for end of the year (Q4) for both PC and Mac
Where can I watch these Ignite OneDrive for Business roadmap sessions?