Microsoft Amalga Product Family
Microsoft Amalga, the new family of Health Enterprise Systems. The products included in the Amalga family are:
- Microsoft Amalga. The new version of the product formerly known as Azyxxi, Amalga is part of a new software category called Unified Intelligence Systems that allows hospital enterprises to unlock the power of all their data sitting in isolated clinical, financial and administrative systems. Without replacing current systems, it offers an innovative way to capture, consolidate, store, access and quickly present data in meaningful ways for use by clinicians and executives of leading-edge institutions. Amalga is designed for hospitals and health systems that have invested in a diverse set of IT solutions.
- Microsoft Amalga Hospital Information System (HIS). The new version of the product previously named Hospital 2000, Amalga HIS is a state-of-the-art, fully integrated hospital information system designed for developing and emerging markets. Amalga HIS is built around an electronic medical record (EMR) with complete patient and bed management, laboratory, pharmacy, radiology information system and picture archiving and communication system (RIS/PACS), pathology, financial accounting, materials management, and human resource systems.
- Microsoft Amalga RIS/PACS. The new version of the product formerly known as GCS Amalga is now available as a stand-alone system as well as an integrated component of Amalga HIS. The integrated architecture means that a radiologist can use a single application to manipulate and study images and access the patient medical record. The workstation interface is optimized for radiologist workflow, including support for predefined templates, an intuitive report editor and voice recognition capabilities.
You can get details through :
- Health Solution Group Web Site : http://www.microsoft.com/hsg/
- Amalga Web Site : http://www.microsoft.com/amalga/default.mspx
The products included in the family are new versions of the products that we acquired over the last couple of years:
- Azyxxi --> Microsoft Amalga
- Global Care Solutions Hospital 2000 --> Amalga HIS
- Global Care Solutions Amalga RIS/PACS --> Amalga RIS/PACS