Suggest a Topic/Code Sample for Future Office Visual How-tos
While reviewing traffic to some of our MSDN content, I noticed that the Office Visual How-tos we've published on the MSDN Library are getting lots of page views!
Developers seem to like this content type since it provides a short article, code sample, and video. This content type provides quick demos that show you how to work with specific features provided by different Office products and technologies.
We've covered a broad set of topics, such as Open XML, SharePoint, WSS, Word, Outlook, Access, InfoPath, and VSTO.
Here's a list of the most recently published Office Visual How-tos:
Here's a list of some of the most popular topics:
- Sending Appointments to an Outlook 2007 Calendar from an ASP.NET 2.0 Web Site
- Customizing SharePoint List Views with SharePoint Designer 2007
- Creating a Custom Approval Workflow for SharePoint Server 2007 Using SharePoint Designer 2007
- Saving Word 2007 Documents to PDF and XPS Formats
- Creating an Application Page in Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Deploying ASP.NET Web Applications in the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 _layouts Folder
- Setting Conditional Formatting in Excel 2007
- Adding Programs to Access 2007 Deployment Packages
- Adding User Information from Active Directory Domain Services to InfoPath 2007 Forms
- Inserting Excel Charts into PowerPoint 2007
You can visit the Office Developer How To Center for a complete list of Office Visual How-tos.
Here's the how-to video RSS feed: https://www.microsoft.com/feeds/msdn/en-us/office/video.xml
Planning for the next round of Office Visual How-tos
We have identified some Office 2007 content gaps and missing code samples and we will start building a new set of Office Visual How-tos. One of the things we've been asked is to provide the code of these articles as code sample downloads. We plan to start publishing the code sample downloads to the MSDN Code Gallery. Also, we are exploring the option of publishing the most popular videos in Zune format.
Please leave a comment with your suggestion of any Office, SharePoint, and VSTO topics/code samples that we should provide in the future. I'll keep an eye on this blog entry.