Microsoft Windows Server Cluster Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007 update (6.0.6568.0)
The Windows Server Cluster Management Pack provides both proactive and reactive monitoring of your Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 cluster deployments. It monitors Cluster services components—such as nodes, networks, resources, and resource groups—to report issues that can cause downtime or poor performance.
Some of the conditions monitored by this management pack are as follows:
- Configuration or hardware issues that interfere with starting the Cluster service
- Connectivity problems that affect communication between cluster nodes or between a node and a domain controller
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) settings that affect the cluster; for example, permissions needed by the computer account that is used by the cluster
- Configuration issues with the network infrastructure needed by the cluster; for example, issues with Domain Name System (DNS)
- Issues with the availability of a cluster resource, such as a clustered file share
- Issues with the cluster storage
- 3/6/2008 - 6.0.6277.0 - Original English release
- 4/2/2008 - 6.0.6277.1 - Updated version, see MP guide for details
- 2/12/2009 - 6.0.6505.0 - Introduced support for Windows Server 2008 clusters and addressed some issues from the previous release.
- 4/9/2009 – 6.0.6568.0 – Updated Management Pack and Management Pack Guide. Please refer to the Management Pack Guide for details.