devpreview builds now also available on the Docker Hub
Saturday we posted all NAV 2016 and NAV 2017 public builds to the Docker Hub.
Today the October update of the developer preview is also on the Docker Hub to run locally, meaning that you now can choose between two options for the developer preview.
- http://aka.ms/navdeveloperpreview (Azure VM with NAV on Docker inside)
- docker run microsoft/dynamics-nav:devpreview-finus
The Image Tags available are found on the Docker Hub:
Why so many tags?
There are only 5 images - why so many tags?
The images are really just following the tag strategy laid out here:
- Version is devpreview - if you omit version you will get 2017 which is the newest released version
- cu is october (omit to get newest)
- country is w1, finus, finca, fingb, findk (omit to get w1)
- docker pull microsoft/dynamics-nav:devpreview-finus gives you the latest devpreview with financials US localization.
- docker pull microsoft/dynamics-nav:devpreview-october-findk gives you the october release of devpreview with financials DK localization.
- docker pull microsoft/dynamics-nav:devpreview gives you the latest devpreview with W1 localization
- docker pull microsoft/dynamics-nav still gives you NAV 2017 latest CU, w1 localization
So the number of tags is really to be able to always address a specific image and also have a way of always asking for the latest.
Where do I find the AL Extensions for VS Code
You can grab it from the container, then you know it is the right version, which matches the version of the service tier inside the container:
You will also find the values to use for Development server and Development ServerInstance in launch.json right above the .vsix file.