NOW AVAILABLE: Windows Azure Toolkit for iOS
As the next step in this process, today we're pleased to announce the release of the Windows Azure Toolkit for iOS. This toolkit contains resources and services designed to make it easier for iOS developers to use Windows Azure.
This iOS toolkit includes the following pieces:
- A compiled Objective-C library for working with services running in Windows Azure (e.g. push notification, authN/authZ, and storage)
- Full source code for the objective-C library (along with Xcode project file)
- Sample iOS application that demonstrates how to use Windows Azure Storage with full source code
Take a look at Windows Azure Technical Evangelist Wade Wegner’s post for a detailed technical review of the iOS toolkit. The Windows Azure Toolkit for iOS—along with all the source code—has been released to github:
Look out for the Windows Azure Toolkit for Android in June 2011 :)
Also look out and Windows Azure Toolkit for Windows Phone 7 v1.2 around TechEd with below new capabilties
- Integration with the Access Control Service (e.g. a wizard, automatic setup, tooling, and code)
- Full support for Windows Azure Storage Queues
- Updated UI/UX for the supporting web application
With Windows Phone 7, iOS, and Android toolkits availablity it will become very easy for developers to use Windows Azure to provide services across device platforms.