How to move TFS trial to full version in MSDN AA
The Volume license media is pre-PIDed. Hence you have to call support to get a Key when doing an in-place upgrade from the trial to licensed version.
Alternatively, Volume license media has the key buried so you can download the media and extract the keys using the following process:
- Go to the media
- Open up the 'AT' directory
- Use notepad to open the setup.sdb file
- Search for "Product Key" in that file
- That product key can be use in TFS repair to turn TFS into a fully licensed copy
Also see the MSDN docs at: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms404852.aspx
- Once you have the key, run setup and enter the product key for the MSDN AA edition of TFS.
- Downtime should be short ~ 5 minutes.