MSMQ 4.0 Installation on Windows 2008 Server.
MSMQ Installation on Windows 2008 Server is a little different when compared to Windows 2003 Server. To install MSMQ 4.0 you need to execute the following Steps.
- Open the Server Manager Console
- Select Features and then click Add Features
- Go Down and select Message Queuing.
- Expand the Message Queuing Tree and then Select the necessary options that you want to install.
- Then Click Next and follow the Prompts to Install the Service.
Note: To complete the installation, you will be requested to reboot the server.
After the reboot is complete and you log back in, the MSMQ Service installation will now run through completion.
On some occassions, you may run into installation problems. In such case you may want to refer the install log. The MSMQ installation log is C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\cbs.log. Within CBS log, look for the first occurence of the text "Failure will not be ignored: A rollback will be initiated after all the operations in the installer queue are completed" somewhere before this error message, the actual error will be listed.
The Application event log may also point you in the right direction to resolve any installation related issues.
Checklist when installing MSMQ
If installing MSMQ 4.0 with Active Directory Integration, make sure that the Network Service account has the permission to create the MSMQ configuration Object on the computer account. If you do not have access the installation will fail with an error:
0xc00e0025 unable to create MSMQ configuration Object in Active Directory. Access is Denied.
To resolve the above error execute the following steps
- Open Active Directory Users and Computers Snap-in
- Go down to the computer account on which you are going to install MSMQ.
- Right click and then Select Properties.
- Go to the Security Tab and click the Advanced button
- Click the Add button
- Add <Domain>\Network Sevrice account
- Click to enable Allow for the Create MSMQ Configuration Objects permissions
- Then Click Ok and close the dialog box.