Xbox 360 Users get unprecedented E3 preview access
The Xbox team will be trying their hardest to satisfy Xbox 360 gamers with tons of content scheduled for next week, oh, and a free week of XBL gold!
From the Gamerscore Blog:
Can't make the trip to E3? Or worst, you live in LA and can't get in the show? We're committed to doing all we can to help you feel like you're there (without the sore feet, bad food, long lines, and crowded, noisy halls).
First off, everyone with an Xbox 360 will get Xbox Live Gold access, all week. Starting Monday , you'll also get lots of content on Xbox Live Marketplace, including the first-ever Gears of War high-definition game trailer, and the playable demo of Capcom’s Lost Planet: Extreme Condition. Over 60 pieces of new downloadable content will be available including:
- Playable game demos and/or trailers from highly anticipated titles like:
- Crackdown (Microsoft Game Studios)
- Dead or Alive® : Xtreme 2 (Tecmo)
- The Lord of the Rings ™, The Battle for Middle Earth™ II (EA Los Angeles)
- Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (Capcom)
- Moto GP™ ’06 (THQ)
- Sonic the Hedgehog™ (Sega)
- Splinter Cell Double Agent ™ (Ubisoft)
- Test Drive Unlimited (Atari)
- Viva Piñata (Microsoft Game Studios)
- Plus a flood of HD trailers from games that have yet to be announced
- Call of Duty®2 – New Multiplayer Map Packs (Activision)
- The release of UNO on Xbox Live Arcade
- Game with Fame celebrity gaming sessions with stars like Jenny McCarthy, Method Man and Panic Channel (Featuring Dave Navarro, Stephen Perkins, Chris Chaney and Steve Isaacs).
- Play and Win contests with the latest Xbox 360 and Xbox Live Arcade titles
- Exclusive high-definition blockbuster movie trailer downloads
- Limited edition E3 Gamerpics and Themes
- A Backstage Pass to see developers preparing for E3
In addition to Verizon sponsoring the free week of Xbox Live Gold access, and sponsoring the Xbox.com E3 coverage for the week, they'll also be giving away a million Microsoft points. For more information, check out www.xbox.com/e32006 and www.richerdeeperbroader.com/xbox/ .
Xbox 360 owners in Europe can take advantage of the Xbox Live Football Free-For-All, sponsored by adidas, taking place at the same time. If you're in Europe, check out www.Xbox.com for more details.
Stay tuned to the Xbox Live Calendar pages on Xbox.com for more information on the schedule of events taking place during “E3 Bringing It Home” week.
More information is in the media alert .