HRNUG Windows 7 Development Links and Information
Last night I talked about developing for Windows 7, and specifically about the new Sensor and Location API, as well as multi-touch development in WPF 4 and Silverlight 3. Here are some links that you may find useful on these topics...
Sensor and Location API:
- Windows API CodePack - Provides managed code access to many new Windows 7 features, from Taskbar Jumplists, overlay icons, etc. to Sensor APIs.
- Sensor and Location API team blog - information straight from the source on these new features.
- Location in .NET 4 - Accessing the new managed location API built into the .NET Framework 4.
- Sensor Device Driver Interface (DDI) - Information on how sensors communicate with the Windows 7 Sensor API.
- Writing a Sensor API driver for the Wii Remote - Interesting project on codeproject.com.
Windows 7 Multitouch:
- Intro to Multitouch in WPF 4 - demo code available
- Basics of Multitouch in Silverlight 3 - demo code available
- Windows Touch on MSDN Code Gallery - includes a .NET interop library sample
I also had a side discussion with some folks on Windows Home Server, Windows Media Center, and home automation, so I wanted to share some of my favorite resources:
- The Green Button - great user forum for Windows Media Center. Lots of good information on troubleshooting and optimizing your media center experience.
- We Got Served - fan site for Windows Home Server. Includes forums, and lists of WHS add-ins, and more
- WHS Add-ins - big list of add-ins for Windows Home Server, including plug-ins specific to home automation, such as mControl, from Embedded Automation.