Silverlight Enterprise Deployment Guide
Found via the Public Sector Developer blog, Tim Sneath points to a guide for those with questions about deploying Silverlight in the enterprise:
As more and more Silverlight sites become available, enterprise administrators are starting to ask for guidance on how Silverlight should be deployed in a corporate environment. Obviously, at one level it's as straightforward as executing the installer, but there are typically a whole ton of questions that need answering:
- What files and registry keys does Silverlight install?
- Will Silverlight break any existing applications?
- What are the command-line switches to configure installation?
- How do I deploy Silverlight through SMS or System Center?
- How is Silverlight serviced and updated?
- How do you configure Silverlight settings via Group Policy?
Fortunately, one of my colleagues, David Tesar has kindly come to the rescue and written a very comprehensive white paper that answers all these questions plus many more. The Silverlight Enterprise Deployment Guide is available for download now. We gave the white paper a trial run ourselves when Microsoft IT used SMS to deploy Silverlight internally. Download it and send it to your systems administrator today - it's worth their time to read.