Now Available: Windows Phone SDK 7.1.1 Update
Today the Windows Phone team announced the release of the Windows Phone SDK 7.1.1 Update! This is a patch for the full Windows Phone SDK 7.1 and includes many new capabilities and features for expanding your apps’ reach to new markets and new devices, plus the ability (unsupported) to test your apps on Windows 8.
Check out the new capabilities:
- Updated 512 MB OS Emulator Image: An updated build Windows Phone OS 7.1 (Build 8773)
- New 256 MB OS Emulator Image: A new Windows Phone OS 7.1 emulator image (Build 8773) that emulates running on 256 MB devices
- Emulator Choice: Ability to debug or run your WP apps in either the 256 MB or 512 MB emulator
- Windows 8 Support: An updated emulator is included, which can run on Windows 8
- IntelliSense support for adding the new 512 MB requirement to the Windows Phone App Manifest file
Here are some other new things the release offers:
- ‘Go Live’ license: The update now has a ‘Go Live’ license; developers running WPSDK 7.1.1 are now empowered to publish their Windows Phone apps to the Windows Phone Marketplace.
- Full Localization: WPSDK now supports all 10 IDE languages; and the OS image now has Malay and Indonesian
- Windows 8 Support: The updated emulator will now run on Windows 8; note that the OS is still not officially supported by developer support until the final OS release