The Technology Implications of the Obama Win
This blog posting written by Bob Gourley provides some insights into the changing landscape of government spending under President-Elect Obama.
A very hot topic among all technologists, from DC to Silicon Valley, is how the Obama election will change the technology landscape. There are five key megatrends in IT today, and we should analyze change in the context of each. These five megatrends in IT are:
- Convergence and trend towards unified communications and user empowerment
- Globalization and increasing internationalization of IT and demographic shifts
- Increasing open development of software and hardware
- Power, Cooling and Space (PCS) impacting data centers and every place computing is done
- Increasing pace of technology development and probability of disruption
President-Elect Obama has long articulated a technology strategy on his website.