Desktop Window Manager Index of Post Topics
Here's a list of topics that I have posted on (with active links) or expect to post on (without links) related to the Desktop Window Manager in Windows Vista.
- Under the Hood of the Desktop Window Manager -- a technical introduction (and response to comments)
- DWM's use of DirectX, GPUs, and hardware acceleration (and response to comments)
- The role of the Windows Display Driver Model in the DWM (and response to comments)
- Redirecting GDI, DirectX, and WPF applications
- How underlying WPF concepts and technology are being used in the DWM
- High DPI support (and response to comments)
- APIs in the Desktop Window Manager
- Rendering and visibility optimizations
- Memory usage in the DWM
- Power management and battery life
- How the DWM paints the window frame and other non-client area
- Remoting, Magnification, and Accessibility under the DWM
- Best practices for applications under the DWM
If there are specific other topics you're interested in, please comment away.