NoReply VSTO add-in wrap-up
Over the past few weeks, I've described the steps involved in creating an Outlook add-in, including ribbon manipulation and access to the Outlook object model. To wrap up, the table of contents for the VSTO add-in project:
- Introduction - creating a VSTO project
- Ribbon XML - creating some add-in UI
- Outlook object model - manipulating Outlook from the ribbon controls
- More buttons - tuning the UI
- Other ribbons - the different ribbons in Outlook
- Backstage - property pages, etc.
- Installation - creating a deployable package
- Bug fix - it seems that touching emails in the Outbox prevents them from being sent
- Another bug fix - the Explorer object accessible on the Today Page is a bit odd, and throws exceptions on some operations
- Updating for Outlook 2013 - adding support for inline responses
- WiX installer - producing a MSI based installer for the project
There are many other examples of the use of VSTO, as a quick web search will tell you...
The VSTO MSDN entry page is http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/hh133430.aspx and http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/hh128768.aspx talks about Outlook programming.